Thursday 3 June 2010

DeCode

Exhibition at

The Victoria and Albert Museum


Decode exhibition was a really interesting exhibition, I loved it. I had prepared myself for something different as I had heard from a few people who had been that it was not very exciting or inspiring but I thought the complete opposite.

This exhibition is very interactive, when you first walked into the room there where plastic sticks coming up from the ground so when you wiped past them on you way through they would light up. This exhibition was all very graphic which I loved as it was different.

One of my favorite pieces was the light activated screen that when you walked past a shadow of you would appear or whatever movement you where doing it would follow you. This piece was done by ‘Daniel Rozin’ called ‘Weave Mirror’

Another fun piece was the filmed clips of people who visit the exhibition. They where 2 second recorded clips of people doing any movement.

People would select a small screen where they wanted to be on the screen and press record to make a 2 second clip of them selves.

This was very comical as the public did so many different faces.

The artist of this piece was ‘Ross Phillips’ called ‘Video Grid’


What made the exhibition so fun was how interactive all the piece of work where, some were interactive for example making large movements in front of a large white screen created it created whirls of vibrant color which I loved! I felt like a child again, this instillation was done by artist ‘Mehmet Akten’ called ‘Body Paint’.


And then there where graphic images on the screen, which reminded me of, screen savers on window computers.

So overall this was an amazing exhibition that I really enjoyed and recommend anyone to go and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment