Thursday 3 June 2010

Neighbourhood Colour

Exhibition by Stage 2 BA Textiles Design Students.

During our first term the second years had a showcase of their work from the project title “Neighbourhood Colour’.

Their brief- Every neighbourhood has its own unique identity through colour. These colours represent the distinct quality of the community, capturing the social diversity, harmony, clashes, environmental traits and economic status. The city is made up of interlocking villages, all may have the same amenities but each has its own distinctive signature. Your project should identify a ‘neighbourhood colour palette’ and what affects it i.e. spatially, architecturally, historically, texturally.

This was really interesting to be able to see what second years where up to and what they where doing. It was also nice to see each pathways work and what they did. It was a chance for us to meet some of the students and talk to them.

There where some amazing work that really caught my eye when I was wondering around the exhibition for example ‘Jennifer Carson’ work called ‘Town House’.

Her description for the piece was:

‘The borough of Islington inspires my final piece. I played with the muted colours from town house in the area. My inspiration for the chair came from contemporary furniture and interior pieces, I used padding and geometric triangles to reflect the strong architecture of the area. ‘

I thought this was so clever, and looked so effective. Below are some pictures I took of the chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment